Kent State University is seeking an experienced professional with exceptional fundraising abilities to serve as its Director of Advancement for the College of Business Administration. This individual will be primarily responsible for managing a portfolio of major and leadership gift prospects (capacity $100,000 to $1,000,000) in order to generate private gift support for the College of Business Administration. This position reports to the Senior Director of Advancement, College of Business Administration. This is an exciting time to join the Advancement – COBA team as we embark on raising funds for a new building!
The College of Business Administration is ranked among the top 100 public business schools in the nation according to U.S. News and World Report’s 2018 Best Undergraduate Business Programs rankings. In 2017, Kent State University was recognized as a “Great College to Work For” by The Chronicle of Higher Education. This is the eighth time the university has received this distinction. Kent State offers a competitive compensation package, great benefits, and an excellent Wellness program.
The essential functions of this position are:
- Develop and implement cultivation strategies in consultation with other professional development staff for generating private financial support based on the College of Business Administrations’ goals and objectives.
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit prospects for major and leadership gifts.
- Assist in the University’s capital campaign; cultivate and solicit individuals within Ohio and in nationally assigned regions.
- Recruit and train volunteers to assist with fundraising efforts at the special gifts and annual giving levels.
- Serve as liaison between the College of Business Administration and Institutional Advancement regarding prospect activity.
- Manage major donor prospects, focusing on individual donors and coordinating with Corporate and Foundation Relations staff on corporate and foundation donors.
- May assist in planning and developing special projects relative to interests of prospects.
- May develop and coordinate marketing efforts to target key constituency groups; may oversee development of advertising media and conduct special promotional events.
- Provide development support to the College of Business Administration Dean/Directors, faculty and staff as required.
- Serve on various campus and community committees, task forces, councils, etc.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Location/Region: Kent, OH (US - 44242)