· Welcomes patients and visitors by greeting in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
· Optimizes patients' satisfaction, provider time, and treatment room utilization by scheduling appointments in person or by telephone.
· Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying provider of patient's arrival
· Comforts patients by anticipating patients' anxieties; answering patients' questions; maintaining the reception area.
· Ensures availability of treatment information by filing and retrieving patient records.
· Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information.
· Obtains revenue by recording and updating financial information; recording and collecting patient charges
· Maintains business office inventory and equipment by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; scheduling equipment service and repairs.
· Helps patients in distress by responding to emergencies.
· Protects patients' rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information.
· Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Medical Office Receptionist Skills and Qualifications:
Multi-tasking, Flexibility, Telephone Skills, Customer Service, Time Management, Organization, Attention to Detail, Scheduling, Word Processing , Professionalism, Quality Focus
High School Diploma Required