Summary of Position:
The Electrician position will be based at the Sharon Tube Plant, located in Farrell, PA. Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, this bargaining unit position is responsible for performing electrical maintenance in all areas of the Cold Draw Plant.
· Perform electrical maintenance in all areas of the Plant including industrial electrical control systems, power systems, AC and DC electronic speed control drives, and crane repair
· Trouble shooting of Programmable Logic Controls, motors, drives and relays
· Bending and installing conduit and wiring for equipment installations
· Perform Preventive & Predictive maintenance on electrical equipment
· Adhere to safe work practices in accordance with OSHA and Company safety policies & procedures such as LOTO & Arc Flash
· Prepare various reports
· Other duties as assigned by Management
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Minimum 5 years’ direct related work experience
· Degree or Certificate in related field preferred
· Prior tube manufacturing experience preferred
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to work independently, and/or in a team environment
· Detail orientated, able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment and available to work rotating shifts including weekend and OT
· Display a positive attitude towards your work and maintain positive working relationship with others
· Mechanical aptitude necessary for fulfillment of job requirements
· Must be able to interface with computers and efficient at problem solving
· Ability to pass hair follicle drug/physical/background check
· Legally authorized to work in the US
· Must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
· Must be able to walk or stand at least 80% of shift.
Zekelman Industries is the largest independent steel pipe and tube manufacturer in North America. Along with our operating divisions of Atlas Tube, Wheatland Tube, Picoma, Sharon Tube, Z Modular, and Western Tube, we are the most trusted and comprehensive resource for structural application-specific tubular steel products and solutions in the country.
Producing approximately 2.5 million tons of pipe and tube annually in our 15 manufacturing plants, we pride ourselves on having the knowledge and expertise to deliver your steel pipe and tube solutions throughout North America.