This position will run the Purchasing department to ensure effective sourcing and inventory management. It requires interaction with domestic and international vendors including Asia (China and Taiwan) to help ensure effective vendor management for product quality, order delivery, and processing. The position will also work with all colleagues to ensure appropriate inventory stocking to meet sales forecasts.
- Assist with placement, confirmation, and closing of purchase orders.
- Assist in negotiating and purchasing a range of items including; electronic components, systems, hardware, metal, equipment, machinery, and office supplies etc from vendors; both domestic and international.
- Evaluate vendor quotes & services to recommend the most desirable suppliers. Seek out opportunities to develop working relationships with new and current vendors.
- May conduct analysis to identify sourcing opportunities for cost reduction in domestic and international markets and recommend to management.
- Assist in compiling and analyzing statistical data determining feasibility of buying product and establishing price objectives.
- Daily interaction with external domestic and international suppliers for procurement of goods and services. Obtain verbal and/or written quotations from suppliers when applicable.
- Review and process requisitions in a timely manner and in accord with established procurement policy and procedures.
- Resolve supplier performance and supply chain issues prior to any business interruption.
- Follow up on back orders, apply proper expediting techniques, and make special arrangements to ensure on-time delivery of required materials.
- Ensure appropriate management of our inventory to meet sales forecasts and needs. Where possible, reduce cost of inventory. Maintain inventory levels for products and supplies and monitor trends to determine order points and buy quantities.
- Develop a working knowledge of the market economics, and regulatory environment that may impact pricing, supply, or supplier performance.
- Analyze shipping costs involved with sourcing products. Seek out lower-cost shipping methods.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to get quotes with little information, obtain comparison quotes from competitors and present them to management in a concise manner with minimal assistance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to communicate persuasively and credibly. Capable of interfacing with high level management for both internal and external customers.
- Intermediate to expert level knowledge of Excel with proficiency in Microsoft Office, databases, various purchasing software and the ability to type efficiently.
- Experience with international purchasing and import/export requirements preferred
- Sourcing / purchasing experience in a technical industry preferred.
- Knowledge of procurement processes.
- Exhibits negotiation skills.
- Familiarity or ability to learn market conditions driven by highly competitive business environments, dynamic industries, and advancing technologies.
- BA/BS preferred.
All Full Time positions include excellent benefits such as:
* Medical Benefits
* Dental Benefits
* Vision Benefits
* $15K Company Paid Basic Life Insurance
* Third-party supplemental benefits including whole life
* Tuition Assistance
* Relocation Assistance
* Casual Dress
* Vacation Pay
* Holiday Pay