General Purpose: Assist in the research and development of new and existing plastic
parts and processes as defined by the Development Supervisor
Principal Functions / Accountabilities:
1. Primary function is to develop production ready tooling (dies, sizers, molds, fixtures) and processes for the respective production departments. If the development of the tooling requires a departure from Standard Processes, the entire process must be documented so that the tooling can be set up and run for production. This documentation could be in the form of notes on the job order or pictures of the setup process.
2. Must create new tooling samples and coordinate the shipment of samples to the customer, if required.
3. Responsible for communicating problems in developing new parts with Development Team and immediate supervisor. Problems could include issues with design, material flow, quoted rate, or sample profile.
4. Responsible for the modification of existing production tooling as requested by the Production Managers in the form of an RFECO.
5. Utilize the SAMLOG tool to understand workload and due dates. This tool should also be used to request scheduled line time with the Materials Department. Any potential problems with being able to meet customer due dates must be communicated to immediate supervisor.
6. Create job order requirements for new plastic parts development and coordinate with Materials Manager and Production Planner.
7. Assist with the construction, and maintenance of new and existing plastic dies and production tooling, including but not limited to dies (tapered and shear), vacuum sizers and calibrators, heat weld molds as well as cutting fixtures.
8. Responsible for understanding the flow and cooling characteristics of both rigid and flexible PVCs
9. Team work within your department and with in the company.
10. Assist with any other tasks as needed.
Basic Qualifications (knowledge, skill & abilities required to perform this position):
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Plastics Extrusion.
- Experience in Machining and/or tooling design
3. Knowledge of ACAD and EDM technology desired by not required
(including 4 axis-tapered cutting).
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Present effectively before groups of employees
- Trustworthy with confidential information.
- Systems and process approach to problem solving
- Ability to read and write
- Ability to read and properly use a ruler
- Basic shop math skills
- Computer literacy
- GED or high school graduate
- Trade school in related area.
Physical Requirements (such as lifting, standing, walking, working frequent overtime and/or weekends, exposure to certain chemicals, unusual job stress):
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear in person and over the phone. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and strength to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Benefits available after 90 days eligible for insurance, 401k Profit sharing, VIP rewards every 6 mos.
At Lingo, we believe that a custom approach is necessary for every client to ensure 100% satisfaction. Lingo is an eager and energetic company that uses a think outside of the box approach to provide a top quality full service staffing experience.
Lingo feels that one of the things that set us apart from others in our industry is the care we take of our employees. In our opinion they are our company. Without a quality and satisfied team we would not have a company. The end result is that our customers have a happy and productive workforce.
Lingo Staffing, Inc. is dedicated to providing our employees with an honest and effective working environment where every employee, individually and collectively, is devoted to providing our clients with exceptional effort, extraordinary service and personal integrity. By earning the satisfaction of our clients and the pride of our employees, we will become the preeminent provider of staffing solutions.