Responsible for the direct supervision of the Printing and Extrusion departments’ employees. Effective supervision will contribute towards both the departments and the plant achieving the budgeted and planned goals. Coordinate the work of production employees within the departments in an effort to maintain a high standard of safety, quality, productivity and employee morale. Initiate and complete continuous improvement projects.
- Supervise employees in the Extrusion and Printing departments and monitor daily activities to ensure departmental goals are met and products are produced safely to quality standards. Maintain positive interaction and knowledge transfer with all employees. Provide timely evaluations and performance feedback to all employees.
- Initiate and complete continuous improvement projects in quality, productivity, cost, safety and service to achieve maximum attainment of standards and exceed expectations. Work to engage involve and engage employees in continuous improvement efforts.
- Work cross functionally with other departments to resolve issues that originated in any of the departments as well as monitor trends, etc. to prevent problems from re-occurring in those areas.
- Work with all department employees to ensure they understand, follow, and are in compliance with all safety, I.S.O., AIB, and FIRST procedures and work instructions. Participate in I.S.O., AIB and FIRST re-certification annually.
- Respond timely to all departmental problems and resolve as quickly and effectively as possible. Communicate problems/resolution to employees to ensure all are aware of any issues in their areas.
- Investigate and document any OSHA related accidents\incidents. Recommend and implement plans to prevent injuries based on accident investigation.
- Experience as a lead/supervisor/manager in manufacturing. Experience with blown co-extrusion and/or Flexographic printing is preferred.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement and problem solving methodology. Utilization of Lean or Six Sigma methodology preferred. TOC experience is a plus.
- Effective communication skills: 1-1, presentation, group facilitation, and written. Effective listener.
- Ability to teach, coach and develop employees. Positive leadership approach.
- Proficient computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with ERP and timekeeping system preferred.
- Experience in an AIB and ISO environment preferred.
- Project management skills.
- Experience with key measurements, costs and budgets preferred.
- College Degree preferably in Business / Manufacturing Technology preferred or equivalent experience.
Vector Technical is a community minded organization that’s passionately committed to service excellence. Since 1992, we’ve provided the Cleveland area and Northeastern Ohio employers with a more reliable process for hiring, and we’ve helped thousands of job seekers advance their careers.
Location/Region: Streetsboro, OH (US)