Duramax Marine, LLC, an employee-owned global manufacturer of products for the commercial marine industry as well as a variety of industrial applications, has an immediate opening for a Supply Chain Coordinator to support its multi-site manufacturing operation. This position reports to the Supply Chain Manager and is a key member of the Operations Team. We are a well-established, successful company with a significant global presence and are a technology leader in our markets. This is a new position that is being added to consolidate purchasing activities and strengthen the supply chain support to our business.
- Develops a thorough understanding of our company’s materials, supplies, equipment, and production capabilities
- Coordinate and expedite flow of material between departments according to production and shipping requirements
- Use system reports to review customer order entries for Make-To-Order items and release jobs to manufacturing
- Read/Interpret/Investigate how the order was quoted to properly align purchases, materials, and manufacturing requirements
- Interact with vendors for order status and expediting materials
- Analyze inventories to release jobs to manufacturing work centers
- Work with Supervision to determine overtime and staffing requirements
- Gather/mine data for analysis, to develop and implement action plans
- Prepare daily reports of exceptions to factory jobs and/or customer orders
- Utilize Lean base concepts for planning/scheduling to reduce cost and improve efficiency
- Effectively communicate and coordinate action items at all levels of the organization
- Analyze safety stock levels and reorder points for purchased and manufactured items
- Establish min/max quantities based on safety stocks and economic order quantities
- Negotiate purchase cost savings from suppliers
- Keeps the Supply Chain Manager aware in a timely manner of matters requiring the manager’s attention
- Maintains timely and accurate records and reports
The successful candidate needs to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent training in a related field
- APICS certification is preferred, not required
- At least three years of successful related experience in a purchasing/planning/scheduling role in a manufacturing operation. Experience with rubber, castings and machining is preferred
- A strong customer orientation and the ability to effectively communicate, build relationships, present ideas, and resolve issues in a collaborative manner
- Ability to read blue prints and product specifications is beneficial
- Strong attention to detail and general knowledge of costing in manufacturing
- Ability to work hands-on to understand the manufacturing processes
- A high level of mechanical aptitude
- Ability to understand and utilize financial statements as a management tool
- Excellent computer skills and is proficient with all related company systems and programs
- Ability to Utilize Excel spreadsheet skills to develop reports
- Experience working with an ERP System
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Effective time management skills in prioritizing and addressing multiple and at times conflicting demands.
- A high energy level with a sense of urgency in responding to customer needs
- A high level of personal and professional integrity
- Commitment to the company’s values
- Attention to detail in maintaining required records and reports
Interested candidates please submit your resume as directed. Please do not contact the company directly.
Duramax Marine products are used in all types of military, commercial and recreational vessels. We are the recognized leader in water-lubricated bearing technology, with a line of custom designed heat exchangers, shaft sealing systems, and impact protection systems that have earned the trust of marine professionals worldwide.
In addition to the Hiram location the Company operates Duramax Marine Industries in Norwalk,
Location/Region: Hiram, OH (US)