Do you have a strong work ethic and the desire to join an organization that invests in its people through cross-training and development? ClarkDietrich fosters a work-life balance and offers competitive compensation and benefits. Join the ClarkDietrich team by applying to the Maintenance Multi-Trade position at our Warren, OH location.
The overall role of a Multi-Trade Maintenance Employee is to maintain the entire plant's production equipment electrical systems and install new electrical devices and controls without supervision in order to improve the safety, productivity, and quality of the facility. The employee will also be expected to perform repair and preventative maintenance work on equipment per the preventive maintenance schedule. Specifically to mills, stackers, slitter, upenders, cutoffs, conveyors, hadleys, and other items as directed by supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows all the safety procedures per the Company Regulations and also the State and Federal Regulations (NFPA70E, OSHA, etc...)
- Implements, Upgrades, Troubleshoots, Repairs, Maintains, and Installs the control systems to help improve the safety, productivity, and quality of the facility.
- Reads, edits, and creates PLC Ladder Logic as it relates to the operation & modification of our production equipment.
- Maintains the entire plant's production equipment electrical systems and installs new electrical devices and controls without supervision
- Performs preventative maintenance and routine inspections of all control systems.
- Responsible for maintaining the backup documentation for the settings on all pieces of equipment within the facility.
- Communicates with operators to assist with solutions or repair of electrical problems.
- Has a solid understanding of all the Mechanical, Pneumatic, and Hydraulic Systems of the equipment that comprises its operation.
- Participates in the creation and implementation of training programs for other maintenance employees or operators when changes or new control system are implemented.
- Ability to Weld, Burn, & Cut
- Performs necessary machinery mechanical modifications and upgrades
- Gathers information for new and/or existing equipment
- Assists in keeping inventory levels stable
- Works with vendors and consultants to troubleshoot and repair electrical and control related issues.
- Performs MIG and Stick welding for plant machinery repairs.
- Works safely and follows all safety rules and operational procedures.
- Properly inspects equipment and completes any forms as required.
- Wears and maintains all required PPE.
- Understands all safety devices and their operation.
- Keeps maintenance department clean, organized and safe.
- Completes required paperwork for use with portable welding equipment and ladders.
- Problem solver and Team oriented.
- Able to work with people, strong work ethic, must be capable of multi-tasking in a fast paced environment, strong communication skills, must be able to read and write and be able to stay focused.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- At least 5 years of experience in an environment with high tech machines.
- Prior manufacturing, maintenance, electrical and mechanical experience preferred.
- High school/GED or Trade school in machines
- Lifting-Up to 50 pounds
- Standing-8 or more hours per day
- Walking-Off and on, 4-6 hours per day
- Body Positions-Sitting, Standing, Walking
- Grasping-Both hands, up to 8 hours per day
- Pushing Effort-Occasionally
- Climb up and down stairs-Occasionally
- Kneeling- Occasionally
- Stooping- Occasionally
- Basic mathematical skills, addition, subtraction, multiplication and converting fractions into decimals. Must be able to use and read a tape measure, caliper, and micrometer, dial bore gauge, and various other precision measurement equipment.
- Manufacturing facility - exposed to heat and cold
- Personal Protective Equipment required at all times
- Controlled Noise exposure
- Activity level is high - continuous movement
CLARKDIETRICH BENEFITS INCLUDE
- Full benefits package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts and Life Insurance)
- Monthly Bonus
- 401(k) with company match
- Perfect Attendance Award
- Community Service Day
Location/Region: Warren, OH (US - 44483)