Warren Coke Plant
Shift Manager By Products
As an Operations Shift Manager at Cleveland-Cliffs Warren Coke Plant, you will perform technical and supervisory duties. Ideal candidates enjoy hands-on work, managing people, and a collaborative and challenging environment. Shift managers provide leadership in ensuring teams work together safely to efficiently produce and deliver quality steel products to our customers.
• Enforcing safety regulations, conducting daily safety communications, monitoring monthly safety activity, and conducting safety inspections as needed.
• Investigating and troubleshooting operational issues; directing and coordinating the activities of a crew.
• Creating, reading and analyzing charts, work orders, production schedules, and other records and reports, in order to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
• Conferring with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments; planning and establishing work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
• Inspecting materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions.
• Demonstrating equipment operations and work and safety procedures to new employees, or assigning employees to experienced workers for training.
• Observing work to ensure that operators conform to production standards.
• Resolving employee problems, complaints, or grievances.
• Interpreting specifications, blueprints, job orders, and company policies and procedures for employees; and various other duties as needed to support the business.
• Candidates will be expected to work rotating turn schedules.
• The operation runs 24 hours per day, seven days per week, and 365 days per year.
• Perform above tasks with minimal or no direct supervision.
• May perform above task in inclement weather conditions.
• May work in hot, dusty areas.
• Assignments may require work in elevated areas.
• Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in operational supervision, mechanical engineering technology, electrical engineering technology, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, other technical field, or equivalent experience.
• In addition, the Company generally does not sponsor candidates for temporary visas or permanent residency at this level.
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call 1-(312) 899-3097 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Do not email your application materials to this email address. Application materials sent to this email address will not be considered.
As a company, we are doing what we can to keep all our employees safe and healthy. It is the current expectation that All Cleveland-Cliffs employees will be vaccinated against COVID-19 as soon as possible. Before accepting an offer of employment you must certify that you are fully vaccinated. Cleveland-Cliffs reserves the right to require proof of vaccination.
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. The following links provide information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are a drug-free workplace and conduct pre-employment screening as a condition of employment.
Competitive salary and benefits. Email your resume to:
Location/Region: Warren, OH (44481)