Warren Coke Plant
As a Manager at Cleveland-Cliffs Steel Warren Coke Plant, ideal candidates enjoy modern, dynamic, supportive work environments and are looking for the freedom to take control of their career. This first level supervisory position managers, leads and directs the maintenance hourly work force across a 24-hour operation in our Maintenance Mechanical group. Will coordinate all maintenance activities on an assigned shift or multiple shifts within a single operations department or unit. You will be responsible for safety, housekeeping, turn operations and downturn work execution, as outlined below.
• Oversees the management of the MTM crew.
• Complies with all plant safety and environmental rules and regulations.
• Obtains pricing, orders parts as needed, manages the inventory of pump parts, pipe and pipe fittings, MRO items and supplies, and stores mechanical parts in designated storage locations.
• Researches drawings and old purchase orders to assist with parts ordering.
• Coordinates various maintenance outages with operations to schedule daily/weekly job assignments.
• Manages inspections, troubleshooting, repairs, fabrication, and lubrication, to plant mechanical equipment, including battery, by-products, coal handling, material handling, and buildings and grounds.
• Manages predictive and preventative maintenance to mechanical equipment.
• Manages repairs and maintenance to plant mobile equipment.
• Reads and revises blueprints as required.
• Manages installation of new equipment and machinery.
• Manages pipe repairs and installation of new piping and piping systems.
• Manages repairs and installation of pumps and pump systems.
• Operates power tools and equipment as needed.
• Manages welding repairs as needed.
• Operates mobile equipment as needed.
• Manages rigging as needed.
• Keeps work areas clean and clutter free
• Fills out inspection forms as required.
• Communicates with plant personnel though use of radio and femco systems
• The operation runs 24 hours per day, seven days per week, and 365 days per year.
• Perform above tasks with minimal or no direct supervision.
• May perform above task in inclement weather conditions.
• May work in hot, dusty areas.
• Assignments may require work in elevated areas.
• Preferably (3) years of experience as a front–line maintenance supervisor in a heavy industrial environment.
• Degree in mechanical engineering or mechanical engineering technology
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job. Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call 1-(312) 899-3097 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Do not email your application materials to this email address. Application materials sent to this email address will not be considered.
As a company, we are doing what we can to keep all our employees safe and healthy. It is the current expectation that All Cleveland-Cliffs employees will be vaccinated against COVID-19 as soon as possible. Before accepting an offer of employment you must certify that you are fully vaccinated. Cleveland-Cliffs reserves the right to require proof of vaccination.
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. The following links provide information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are a drug-free workplace and conduct pre-employment screening as a condition of employment.
Competitive salary and benefits. Email your resume to:
Location/Region: Warren, OH (44481)