Warren Coke Plant
Maintenance Technician Electrical
Cleveland-Cliffs, Inc. Warren Coke Plant has an opening for an experienced Maintenance
Technician Electrical at its Warren, OH location.
• Inspect, repair, replace, adjust, install, wire, troubleshoot, predictive and preventative maintenance, and maintain all electrical, electronic, pneumatic and hydraulic (askania)
• May work alone, with minimal supervision and work with other Maintenance Technicians; coordinate and work in conjunction with Operating and/or Service Technicians in the performance of maintenance tasks.
• A valid driver’s license is required to operate mobile equipment.
Equipment worked on includes: power distribution system, transformers, PLC’s, AC and DC controls, AC and DC motors and controllers, VFD’s and lighting circuits.
• High School Diploma, GED or equivalent from an accredited school
• 3 years’ experience in mechanical maintenance or experience in an industrial/manufacturing environment or equivalent; or military experience; or an Associate Degree from a partner college’s Steelworker for the Future® approved program; or an Associate Degree in Mechanics, Mechanical Engineering Technology, or a related discipline
• 3 years’ experience or have completed coursework in troubleshooting/repairing mechanical systems, print reading, hydraulics, pneumatics, welding/burning, pipefitting, rigging, and crane repair among others
• Must be at least 18 years of age, be willing to work at heights, work in extreme heat and cold, must be willing to work a rotating shift that shall include weekends and holidays as well as, climb and or walk on uneven surfaces
• Excellent communication skills, be highly motivated and be willing to work in a selfdirected team environment with minimal supervision and direction
• Excellent work attendance record, be willing to report to work as scheduled, flexibility to work overtime as needed or directed
• Associate Degree or apprenticeship program
Maintenance Technician candidates must successfully qualify on a computerized maintenance (electrical) test to be considered for this position. Upon hire, Maintenance Technician candidates will enter a craft training program consisting of classroom and on-the-job training and must successfully qualify on job-related factor tests.
Successful candidates must be willing to perform shift work, including rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays. Shift work may encompass 8, 10 or 12-hour work shifts. Willingness to work in a variety of different indoor and outdoor environments including very hot, cold, and/or noisy surroundings and at heights and catwalks including see-through metal gratings. Work environments include exposure to different types of industrial working conditions. Successful candidates will use computers for Microsoft Office and other packaged software applications.
Candidates must be willing to perform essential job duties, including lifting up to 50 pounds from ground level to chest level, successfully pass a drug screen and background check and must pass a physical exam prior to starting employment.
Cleveland-Cliffs offers competitive wages, medical/dental/vision benefits, 401k plan, bonus and profit sharing plans, vacation and paid holidays. Probationary work period is considered 1,040 hours which must be completed successfully.
• Cleveland-Cliffs has a contract with the United Steelworkers that requires each employee hired into this position to join the Union.
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call 1-(312) 899-3097 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Do not email your application materials to this email address. Application materials sent to this email address with not be considered.
As a company, we are doing what we can to keep all our employees safe and healthy. It is the current expectation that ALL Cleveland-Cliffs employees will be vaccinated against COVID-19 as soon as possible. Before accepting an offer of employment you must certify that you are fully vaccinated. Cleveland-Cliffs reserves the right to require proof of vaccination.
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. The following links provide information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are a drug-free workplace and conduct pre-employment screening as a condition of employment.
Email your resume to:
Location/Region: Warren, OH (44481)