Steel Warehouse of Ohio is opening a location in Warren, Ohio and is currently staffing for several positions across 3 shifts. These positions include supervision, skilled maintenance, crane operator and laser operator. Resumes can be submitted online or via fax to 216-441-3103. If you have any questions, please call 216-206-2890 and leave a message so Human Resources can return your call. Basic duties and requirements below.
- Responsible for the operation of overhead cranes to move material (steel coils, stacks of plate steel, etc.).
- Responsible for the proper offloading of material.
- Responsible for properly identifying processed material.
- Responsible for banding material in accordance to banding procedures.
- Responsible for safety loading trailers for shipments.
- Report any maintenance problems to Management.
- Conduct a shift turnover with outgoing and incoming operators
- Responsible for maintaining proper inventory levels of banding supplies.
- Competent crane operator.
- Keep work area clean at all times.
- Experience with overhead crane controls.
- Ability to understand complex written and oral instructions.
- Ability to operate a computer.
- Ability to operate overhead cranes.
- Capability to lift up to 50 pounds repetitively.
- Ability to operate measurement devices
- Good communication and reading skills.
- Ability to multi-task and trouble-shoot in a fast-paced work environment.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required.
Location/Region: Warren, OH