Seeking a full-time Advanced Practice Provider to work in Gastroenterology at Geauga Medical Center with some travel required to other locations (Geneva and/or Conneaut). This will be a combined inpatient (new consults and follow-ups) and outpatient role with a M-F day shift schedule. Must be willing to cover one weekend of call per month. Provider with a strong GI background preferred.
This position exists to provide assessment, necessary interventions and tests with resulting diagnosis to patients.
* Performs patient assessments and conducts follow-up visit
* Establishes plan of care and implements interventions
* Provides interdisciplinary team patient care
* Offers educational development to staff, patients, families
* Assist with prior authorizations as well as answering patient questions
* Communicate with family members via phone call and at bedside
* Request and obtain outside hospital patient records, if needed
* Follow-up on labs and pathology obtained on inpatients once the patients are discharged
Demonstrated competence as a practitioner.
Effective oral and written communication skills.
A variety of technical patient care devices specific to the clinical area.
Computers and selected office equipment
Experience and Knowledge:
Demonstrated leadership skills
Demonstrated skills in interpersonal relationships
Nursing Doctorate or Master of Science in Nursing with emphasis on clinical practice.
Completion of a formal Physician Assistant training from an accredited program with NCCPA certification.
Required Credentials, Licensure or Certification (i.e. RN, RRT):
Current Registered Nurse licensure to practice in Ohio.
Current APRN license to practice in Ohio.
Nurse Practitioner certification.
GI background strongly preferred
Location/Region: Chardon, OH (US - 44024)