This position is responsible for the set-up of machines and molds as well as process liners and/or aircells by working from a spec sheet. The tech provides problem solving support to ensure that day-to-day cell and department goals are met.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for the set-up of presses, including removing mold from the press, installing new mold, dialing in the part to meet specifications, producing and inspecting first piece and authorizing production.
2. Responsible for troubleshooting presses that are not operating correctly.
3. Responsible for monitoring and troubleshooting secondary molding equipment (blenders, material handling, routers, punches, etc.).
4. Responsible for conducting proper machine shut downs and start up and changing screen packs.
5. Responsible for completing paperwork accurately and on-time.
6. Responsible for operating presses, assembling boxes and transporting product to Winding area during breaks and down times.
7. Follows all 5S and lean activities, as well as safety regulations, policies and procedures.
8. Participate in Safety and Lean related Kaizen events.
9. Demonstrates Pentair’s “Win Right” culture when interacting with with customers, co-workers and suppliers.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Position requires continuous walking and standing. Some sitting, stooping, bending, and kneeling is necessary. Repetitive lifting up to 50 lbs. Use of assorted tools and gauges.
Skills and Experience Requirements:
1. High School Diploma or GED required
2. Three years manufacturing experience, preferably in blowmolding
3. Ability to use measurement gages is preferred.
4. Ability to communicate effectively
5. Ability to read and understand standard work instructions
6. Must have strong technical, mechanical, troubleshooting, organizational and housekeeping skills
7. Must have experience with mold changes
8. Able to operate a towmotor
9. Must be flexible to changing work conditions and working in different areas
10. Able to work independently
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those specifically presented