Opportunity: Construction Project Manager
Visconsi Companies, Ltd. is a nationally-known, fourth-generation real estate developer and owner of retail and mixed-used developments. We have developed over 30 million square feet of gross leasable area. The family’s second generation operated in a partnership that was the 5th largest shopping mall developer in the U.S. The company currently controls a portfolio of two million square feet and we have projects in development in multiple markets nationwide.
In addition to multi-tenant retail and mixed-use developments, we also have a very successful single tenant net lease program, including having developed over 85 Walgreens, served as KeyBank’s single preferred developer in its fourteen-state market, developed for other major retailers and currently developing single tenant sites for other name tenants in several states.
Our property portfolio and new ground-up development activity level has created the need for additional construction project management talent.
· Manage the day to day activities of portfolio redevelopment projects, tenant co-ordination and new construction projects including scheduling, budget creation and updates, scope development, contract process from bidding through close out and delivery, design and design modifications, coordination with leasing and tenants.
· Develop project parameters; assess project requirements and execute according to plan.
· Prepare and monitor approved project construction budget including related soft cost; oversee and identify budget revisions
· Develop and manage the project schedule, providing regular updates to the project team
· Develop and/or review obligations contained in legal documents (i.e. general contract agreements, architectural agreement, development agreements, and Tenant leases and Work Letters) on landlord’s behalf and assure compliance of requirements contained therein
· Review Tenant construction document for adherence to lease terms and Landlord standards
· Lead project team consisting of professional service providers (architects, engineers, etc.), consultants, contractors and internal departments
· Prepare requests for proposals; obtain, review and provide recommendations for approval
· Verify and validate change orders for approval; negotiate with contractors
· Review draw requests for compliance and approve invoices for approval
· Manage delivery and close out of assigned projects
Required Skills and Qualifications
· An extensive working knowledge of retail construction; means and methods, management, various formats and process
· Extensive knowledge of site work, mechanical and architectural considerations, electrical distribution and other utilities, landscaping and paving.
· Practical and working (technical) knowledge of budgeting, cost estimating
· 10 years or more of retail construction or equivalent
· Ability to read detailed architectural and engineering plans
· Ability to comprehend consultant reports (geotechnical, traffic and environmental)
· Ability to coordinate the many aspects of multiple projects of varying complexity and managing the activities of general contractors, subcontractors, engineers, architects and other personnel not directly associated with the company.
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
· Demonstrated success in project management
· Strong analytical skills with the ability to shift priorities as needed
· Ability to quickly and accurately assess situations and apply appropriate solutions as needed.
· Proficiency in Word, Excel, Microsoft Project and Outlook
· A BS in directly related field (Engineering or Construction Management/Administration)
· Site development (construction) experience
· Intimate understanding of Geotechnical Reports and Recommendations
· Strong financial acumen and ability to articulate financial implications of decisions as well as collaborate with finance on the impact of those decisions
Personal and Professional Skills
· Outstanding oral and written communication skills
· Skilled at conducting meetings
· Comfortable interacting at all levels of the organization and in representing the organization within the industry.
· Excellent problem-solving skills
· Highest level of personal integrity
· Ability to travel 25%
· Excellent Health & Medical coverage
· Bonus participation
Corporate Offices – Pepper Pike, OH (choice eastern Cleveland suburb)
Barry L. Fader
Senior Vice President of Business Development
Visconsi Companies, Ltd.
30050 Chagrin Blvd. Suite 360
Pepper Pike, OH 44124
building your future on our history