Our client in Middlefield, Ohio is a producer of both Injection Molded and Thermoformed plastic products. They are currently seeking qualified MAINTENANCE TECHNICIANS!
· Ability to learn the manufacturing process as it relates to equipment start-up, operations, to our company procedures.
· Must possess process troubleshooting skills to respond to and drive performance.
· Complete scheduled maintenance activities (PMs, rebuilds, etc.).
· Complete unscheduled maintenance repairs as instructed.
· Perform preventative maintenance and unscheduled repairs on conveyors, injection molding
machines, thermoforming machines, extruders, print machines, labelers, air compressors,
loading equipment, chillers and various other machines.
· Must be able to read production schedule compliance.
· Must be able to accurately track and enter production data into the Work Order system and verify shift production matches the induction report.
· Duties would include, but not limited to, electrical, hydraulic/pneumatic repair, building and machinery maintenance and fabrication.
· Repairs, maintains, replaces, installs and tests electrical/electronic systems, circuits and equipment.
· Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment such as pneumatic tools, motors, conveyor systems and production machines and equipment.
· Repairs complex electrical equipment, including automated machines, controls, panels, relays, alarms and circuit breakers.
· Installs functional and structural parts in devices or equipment.
· Inspects equipment and diagnoses trouble or malfunctions.
· Installs power, light, electronic and control circuits.
· Analyzes equipment failures, determines cause and makes necessary adjustments.
· Operates electrical hand tools and voltage or ampere measuring devices.
· Works from blueprints, drawings, sketches or layouts.
· Provides technical assistance to lower level maintenance technicians.
· Must be able to accurately complete all administrative paperwork.
· Must be able to lead and create a safe work culture.
· Support all company policies and procedures including 5S and focused work teams.
· Lead by example and perform all job duties in accordance with company values.
· Perform other administrative tasks and special projects as assigned.
· High school diploma and/or GED equivalent.
· Associate degree and/or advanced technical certificates preferred.
· Minimum four years’ hands on skilled maintenance experience and strong PLC knowledge (prefer Siemens S5, GELM90, RS Logic, Direct Soft, Antero).
· Experience working on plastics machinery (extrusion, thermoforming, injection) preferred.
· Electrical and mechanical knowledge and electrical/mechanical machine repair preferred.
· Strong working knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point.
· Driver’s License, certs for maintenance, universal recovery (HVAC), electrical, and welding.
· Basic skills: critical thinking, reading comprehension, electrical print reading, blue print reading, communication.
· Basic calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
· Complex problem-solving skills: problem identification, information gathering, information organizing, idea generation, idea evaluation.
· Technical skills: programming, troubleshooting, operation monitoring, testing.
· Working knowledge of techniques, materials, tools and equipment used in machinery maintenance.
· Formal apprenticeship and/or equivalent training and experience.
· Strong computer skills necessary.
· Must have a good working knowledge of production processes within a mfg. environment.
· Strong electrical/mechanical aptitude is required.
· Must be dependable and safety oriented.
· Must be flexible in working hours including overtime, holidays, and different shifts as required.
· Must possess good communication/interpersonal skills and get along well with others.
· Ability to work in a team-oriented work environment.
· Ability to manage time well.
· Excellent organization and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Negative pre-employment drug screen and ability to pass criminal background check.
· Excellent attendance record.
· Limited travel as required.
Excellent benefits upon hire!! Including health, dental, life, 401(k), vacation and educational reimbursement!
APPLY TODAY FOR THIS GREAT OPPORTUNITY!
Vector Technical is a community minded organization that’s passionately committed to service excellence. Since 1992, we’ve provided the Cleveland area and Northeastern Ohio employers with a more reliable process for hiring, and we’ve helped thousands of job seekers advance their careers.