Well-established company located in Geauga County is seeking a talented ASSISTANT CONTROLLER to join our team. This is a hand-on position with supervisory duties. The right candidate will be a strong addition to our already outstanding team and will help to continue our growth for years to come.
What you’ll do:
· Oversee all accounting personnel and accounting functions for a multi-entity organization.
· Provide hands-on involvement in accounting activity, including journal entries, check writing, and data input.
· Execute month-end closing activities through financial statement reporting.
· Manage year-end closing duties including working with external auditors.
· Provide financial reporting as necessary, including banking requests.
· Perform hands-on use and understanding of the company’s system software.
· Possess working knowledge of the company’s payroll process.
· File workmen’s compensation reports as required.
· Hold oversight of accounts payable, receivables and collections.
· File tax records as needed such as Commercial Activity Tax (CAT).
· Prepare information for 5500 tax filing.
· Maintain census data for Medical/ Dental, 401(k), 5500 records.
· File employee and employer 401K contributions, including being Administrator.
· Handle day-to-day systems and network issues with assistance from outside IT.
· Have direct involvement with state sales tax and IRS FET audits.
· Have direct involvement in recording and booking asset purchases.
· Monitor daily bank account activity, LOC, wires, deposits.
· Be an active participant of the company’s management team.
What you’ll need:
· Effective management skills and ability to be interactive at all levels of the company.
· Solid accounting background, general ledger, and financial statements experience.
· Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
· Exceptionally high attention to detail.
· Team-oriented attitude.
· Minimum BA/BS degree in Accounting or related.
· Five+ years of experience in Accounting.
· Broad understanding of business and bookkeeping/accounting principles.
· Professional presentation and communication.
· Ability to successfully represent the company in a positive way.
· High degree of accuracy and efficiently in output.
· Advanced computer skills – Microsoft Excel as well as QuickBooks and Microsoft Dynamics NAV specifically.
· Experience with Karmak helpful.
· High integrity and core values.
· Desire to learn and grow professionally and personally.
What you’ll get:
· A competitive pay for performance compensation package.
· Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and company-matched 401k savings plan.
· Generous amount of paid time off and holidays.
· Fun, challenging and team-oriented company culture with lots of room for professional advancement.