Are you interested in working for a company that fosters growth opportunities, community involvement and a team oriented atmosphere? ClarkDietrich fosters a work-life balance and offers competitive compensation and benefits. Join a team that is STRONGER THAN STEEL℠, by applying to become a Product Design Engineer at our Warren, Ohio location.
The primary responsibility of the Product Design Engineer is to create product designs using computer-aided design software and fabricate models that can be tested. They will experiment with and analyze different materials, manufacturing processes, design tolerances and other factors in the developmental process. After refining and reviewing initial designs, the product design engineer will deliver specifications and procedures to manufacturing teams for production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design new products, product improvements and product customization.
- Design, model and produce test prototypes for production.
- Conduct research and create design proposals for project execution.
- Create concepts, evaluate performance and develop production criteria.
- Produce final drawings, and determine specifications and procedures for implementation.
- Perform engineering, quality and cost analysis of designs & prototypes.
- Evaluate materials and manufacturing guidelines to determine production costs.
- Create working models for demonstration.
- Tool and Die Design.
- Investigate and recommend appropriate production processes.
- Travel to and collaborate with production facilities to evaluate final product manufacturing.
- A bachelor's degree in manufacturing engineering or applicable manufacturing experience.
- Knowledge and utilization of CAD/3-D modeling software a must.
- Ability to sketch, read, and interpret part and machinery drawings.
- 5+ years' experience in mechanical design and process development preferred.
- Experience in use of lean manufacturing a plus.
- Complex problem solving skills.
- Estimated 50% travel to manufacturing facilities.
CLARKDIETRICH BENEFITS INCLUDE
- Full benefits package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts and Life Insurance)
- 401(k) with company match
- Annual Incentive
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Certification Reimbursement Program
- Community Service Day
Location/Region: Warren, OH (44483)