At Berry, we are committed to our mission of ‘Always Advancing to Protect What’s Important.’ With $13 billion in revenue, we are a leading global supplier of a broad range of innovative nonwoven, flexible, and rigid products used every day within consumer and industrial end markets. We operate over 290 manufacturing facilities worldwide, on six continents, and employ over 48,000 individuals.
Are you looking for an inclusive organization with a fast-paced environment? We work with many of the world’s leading brands to bring them value-added protection solutions. We foster an environment of team players who embrace our strong ties to the communities in which we work and serve. Become part of a place where your work is valued. Join our growing team today.PURPOSE:
The purpose of an Automation Maintenance Technician is to inspect, repair, and maintain the functionality of the injection molding machines and automation equipment.
- Inspect and repair injection molding machines and automation equipment, tools and work area in addition to assisting with mold changes.
- Perform preventive maintenance procedures as specified in the QSI system.
- Complete work assigned by Group Leader.
- Communicate activities with Group Leader and other members of department.
- Maintain neat and orderly appearance of shop and production machines.
- Obtain parts in emergency cases.
- Assist in other departments as requested by Group Leader.
- Seek training to stay current with job requirements.
- Assume control of machine when a situation arises which has potential for personal injury or rapid deterioration of machine.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Maintain and enforce all company safety, environmental and department of health requirements.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Advanced knowledge of mechanical systems, pneumatic, and electrical systems in addition to troubleshooting same.
- Basic troubleshooting skills.
- Hearing sufficient to recognize and respond to shouted warnings, alarms and horns on forklifts.
- Stereoptic vision of 20/40 or better and peripheral vision of 70 degrees or greater and ability to read 10-12 point font at a distance of 12-18 inches.
- Able to work independently and with others in a potentially isolated area of the building.
- Verbal communication adequate to use a radio and or paging system to contact other co-workers in other areas of the building.
- Able to accept responsibility for work performed.
- Dependable and motivated.
- Ability to work at heights (with or without fall protection). Must not be at risk of sudden alterations in consciousness.
- Able to climb ladders safely and without assistance for a minimum of 10 times per day.
- Competitive Compensation
- Profit sharing/Bonus plan
- Health, Dental, and Vision plans
- 401K plan
- Short term and long term disability
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Employee assistance program
- Tuition assistance
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Location/Region: Streetsboro, OH