Local Building Products Manufacturer with company owned fleet of trucks is seeking an experienced Logistics Manager for the Youngstown area. We are looking for highly organized candidates with good quantitative ability for the position of Fleet Manager.
As the Fleet Manager, you will be responsible for assisting in the recruitment of quality drivers into the fleet, maintaining detailed records of vehicle servicing and inspection as well as scheduling regular vehicle maintenance to ensure operational efficiency, among other duties. Moreover, the Fleet Manager will be responsible for disciplining drivers who are not making efficient use of their time, requiring excellent leadership and decision making skills.This position is a full-time position located in the manufacturing plant.
Fleet Manager Responsibilities:
- Maintain box trucks and tractor and trailer vehicles for deliveries
- Work with purchasing to coordinate back hauls of material from vendors and customers
- Implement the recruitment of quality drivers for box trucks and tractor/trailers
- Develop and implement efficient driver schedules to maximize profits
- Fuel tax reporting, will need to on a quarterly basis, provide for each tractor the total miles driven for the quarter along w/the breakdown of state miles. The same for fuel purchases for each tractor.
- Finding ways to cut cost and maximize profits
- Developing strategies for greater rout efficiency
- Maintaining detailed records of vehicle servicing and inspections
- Complying with U.S. Department of Transportation laws and regulations
- Scheduling regular vehicle maintenance to ensure operational efficiency
- Ensuring strict servicing and maintenance times to minimize downtime and maintenance schedules
- Monitoring driver behavior and ensuring a high level of customer service
- Analyzing data to increase business operational efficiency
Fleet Manager Job Requirements/Qualifications:
- Degree in Logistics or experience managing a fleet of trucks
- Minimum 2 years in a logistics Management role
- Experience in the transportation industry and hiring drivers
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Analytical mindset and good problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with others in Management team
- Excellent written and verbal communication
A 401-K plan with Company match, hospitalization, life insurance, disability, and two week vacation in 2021 are also included. There will be a cellular phone provided for company use, and lap-top computer and printer will be provided.
Location/Region: Youngstown, OH