The Chardon Facility has an immediate opening for an experienced Industrial Maintenance Technician. As an Industrial Maintenance Technician, you will be responsible for keeping production machinery and facility equipment running to meet production demands. Activities will include scheduled repairs, preventative maintenance work and unscheduled break down diagnosis and repair.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Diagnose and repair pneumatic, electrical and hydraulic circuits and systems from drawings and schematics.
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment according to program schedule.
- Support special projects, existing equipment moves and new equipment installations
- Respond urgently to emergency equipment downtime and doing what it takes to get results.
- Reads/understands diagrams, instructions and technical manuals.
- Identify patterns of failures, and verifies accuracy and completion of repairs.
- May perform other duties or work in a production area as needed based upon business demands.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment, following 5S standards.
- Demonstrates and promotes Pentair’s “Win Right” culture at all times when interacting with employees, co-workers, customers and suppliers.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & DESIRED CHARACTERISTICS
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- 3+ years of previous experience as an Industrial Maintenance Technician
- Pre-employment technical and electrical testing required
- Strong mechanical/electrical aptitude and reasoning abilities
- Ability to work safely in a multi-functional team environment
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to develop new ways to solve tough problems
- Basic computer skills: Excel, Word, Outlook
- Self-motivated and eager to assume additional responsibilities as needed
Manufacturing facility with exposure to heat, dust, noise/vibrations from machinery and fumes/odors. Outdoor exposure to weather conditions (heat, cold and rain).
This position requires regular walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching and climbing while conducting repairs and maintenance. Some standing, sitting and reaching is also required. Daily lifting of parts and equipment up to 100 pounds is required.
Daily use of hand tools, electro-mechanical machinery and lifting equipment. Various diagnostic tools as well.
Location/Region: Chardon, OH