FULL TIME – 40 hours per week, Some weekends and evenings required
Compensation: $17/hour and competitive benefits package
- Must be DRUG FREE. DO NOT APPLY IF YOU ARE NOT DRUG FREE.
- Valid driver’s license and own transportation is REQUIRED. DO NOT APPLY if you do not have a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to drive pickup trucks, dump trucks, landscaping trailers, and other equipment safely is required.
- Strong commitment to safety and willingness to train team members and volunteers in good safety practices.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and workloads simultaneously and prioritize effectively.
- Ability to supervise and train multiple team members with different backgrounds in the completion of projects and assignments.
- Excellent communication skills. Must be able to communicate and follow instructions effectively and enforce organizational rules and policies when necessary.
- High level of professional ethics.
- Ability to effectively communicate the organization’s mission and vision.
- Ability to work independently of and in collaboration with other staff of the organization and partners.
- Ability to obtain EPA Lead Renovation, Repair, and Painting (RRP) certification.
- Ability to obtain Bobcat skid steer training.
- Experience using a chainsaw is preferred but not required.
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills and to train others in the completion of these skills.
- Ability to perform basic routine maintenance to professional landscaping equipment and vehicles, such as blade replacements, oil changes, fluid checks, and related tasks.
Supervision and Project Completion:
- Complete neighborhood improvement and property management tasks, including but not limited to the following: grass cutting, vacant property cleanup, board-up of vacant structures, debris removal, planting trees and landscaping, basic construction and rehabilitation work to vacant homes, sidewalk cleanup, scraping and painting, and special projects as assigned.
- Maintain a steady work pace and set a good example for others. Train new staff and volunteers to perform work assignments and lead by example.
- Ensure that YNDC protocols, policies and workplace discipline are strictly and consistently enforced in order to encourage a high standard of performance from others.
- Keep track of tools and equipment and perform routine maintenance to power tools and equipment.
- Maintain daily logs and other documentation necessary to demonstrate work completed.
- Ensure proper use of fuel and consumable materials.
- Ensure vehicles and equipment are kept clean, well-maintained, functional and secure at ALL times.
Email completed job application to firstname.lastname@example.org
NO PHONE CALLS OR RESUMES PLEASE.
Equal Opportunity Employer