* Proficient with all Microsoft Office Suite Products.
* Capable of quickly learning our document management system (Worldox).
* Will work out the Warren, Ohio office with occasional travel to the Youngstown and Salem, Ohio offices.
* Organize documents and coordinate document productions.
o Conduct the Bates-stamping, redaction, duplication and indexing of documents. Set up and maintain files which are organized chronologically, numerically and/ or by subject matter. Work with attorneys and staff on electronic productions. Under the guidance of an attorney, categorize documents by subject matter, prepare a chronology of facts and create production charts.
* Conduct various document searches and factual research.
o Create and maintain internal case databases, run searches on internal and external document databases and systems, cull relevant information from a variety of resources such as newspapers, magazines, libraries, case documents and trade associations.
* Prepare witness and matter materials for case preparation.
o Organize interview memos, digests and other relevant documents for attorney review and case preparation.
o Under attorney supervision, prepare and respond to written discovery requests
* Prepare for and attend depositions.
o Under attorney supervision, gather and prepare documents relevant to the deponent, organize exhibits, take notes and handle exhibits during the deposition and digest transcripts to summarize highlights of a proceeding.
* Motion practice.
o Pull relevant documents, proofread papers, organize exhibits and create document indices in the preparation of motion filing.
* Court filings.
o Work with attorneys in the preparation and filing of all court documents. Create, bind and distribute both file and courtesy copies. Organize the briefs, exhibits and appendices.
* Act as liaison among attorneys and staff internally, as well as with outside agencies.
o Oversee the progress of documents through litigation support departments, order transcripts from reporting services and fulfill requests from outside counsel and others.
* Prepare for and attend trials.
o Organize and prepare exhibits, files and all other supporting documents, coordinate trial set-up and logistics, assist attorneys in the courtroom by taking notes, handling exhibits, assist in the preparation and scheduling of witness testimony and serve as liaison between trial attorneys and in-house staff.
* Other tasks
o Perform other duties as assigned.
provided by The Warren Tribune-Chronicle
Location/Region: Youngstown, OH (US - 44501)