Position Summary/Essential Duties:
Registered Polysomnography Technologist performs polysomnography, diagnostic and therapeutic services or Home Sleep Apnea Test, patient care and education and works under the general supervision of the Manager and Medical Directors to provide comprehensive evaluation and treatment of sleep disorders. The technologist can serve as a preceptor to PSG Trainee and/or Technician in all age groups and settings. The Polysomnography Technologist may need to travel to various sleep lab locations based on department needs to cover patient care and other duties as assigned.
- Perform appropriate scoring of both adult and pediatric sleep studies.
- Perform testing procedures PSG, titration studies, MSLT, MWT, PAP Nap, HSAT and other sleep procedures, and provide effective care according to UHC Sleep Center protocols
- Identifies and corrects machine malfunctions.
- Collaborates with Sleep Center staff, and members of other disciplines to ensure a strong team and contribute to the achievement of the operational goals of the assigned area.
- Provides education and age appropriate care to patients and families through the entire age spectrum, including 0 through 18 years, adults, and geriatric populations.
- Takes responsibility for adherence to professional standards, self-development, and participation in quality improvement activities
- Have knowledge of proper use of PPE
Experience & Knowledge:
Knowledge of scope of practice and thorough understanding of the basics of patient monitoring and care delivery. Good interpersonal skills. Proficient knowledge of scoring requirements following AASM Standards.
Special Skills & Equipment Knowledge:
Uses a wide variety of technical equipment to meet patient needs and prescribed medical therapies; has a command of the sleep-induced changes in the physiology of various body systems; has a working knowledge of the physiological and behavioral aberrations associated with sleep/arousal pathology and be capable of rapid interpretation of various tracings as to be able to intervene during a study.
Nationally credentialed in an accepted health-related field (respiratory care, electroneurodiagnostics, or EMT-P) or 4 year degree program
Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (or equivalent) with documented proficiency in all competencies required of a Technologist. One year experience preferred.
One year of experience is preferred. The position is located at the UH Streetsboro Sleep Lab. It may require coverage to Portage Medical Center. The position is for nights; 35 hours per week, Monday-Friday plus every other weekend.
Location/Region: Streetsboro, OH (44241)